bosch dishwasher playing up!! update

hi,

thanks for all the replys in my previous thread.

I took the sides off yesturday and had a good look round and could no see any obvious problem. but when i tipped it at an angle, the floo tray was full of water!! so i emptied it and tried it, and it worke but there was still no signs of a leak. so i built it back up it worke once then would not work the next day, i stripped it again and the floo tray was full again??

it's obviously leaking from somwhere but has anybody got any idea where from? pump seal? is it common?

thanks wayne

-- xrwardy

Reply to
xrwardy

Can you not do a test run with the sides off, and look out for where it's leaking? Maybe dry out this floor tray completely, so that as soon as any drips/damp appears you have a chance of working out where it's coming from?

But don't even think about doing this unless you 100% confident you can do so safely; electrics and water leaks are a potentially fatal combination.

David

Reply to
Lobster

In article , Lobster writes

Tip: a sheet of newspaper laid in the base tray will show where the leak is coming from immediately.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I had a daft leak on my Hoover - it has a very small spray in the roof of the machine. This had been hit by a pan that was too high - which upset the seal and caused a leak just under the worktop - which ran down the side and confused me for a while.

Reply to
john

xrwardy said the following on 26/11/2005 10:24:

I just had a similar problem with my dishwasher (Zanussi). After completely dismantling it, I was none the wiser, so I took the bottom tray off and stacked the washer on some plastic bowls to get it off the floor.

It turned out that the mains water inlet was leaking (dripping) into the tray and filling it up over the course of a few hours. Why I didn't spot this earlier, I'll never know... Anyway, at the bottom of the macine there is a polystyrene float switch which, when activated by the water level, causes the dishwasher to pump out indefinitely. As the inlet never stopped dripping, the pump never stopped pumping!

One new sealing washer later (standard washing machine type), all fixed.

HTH

Reply to
Rumble

hi, spot on!!! i took the left hand side off again and saw the float, an it was still full of water. my water inlet was leaking but did not hav a washer on it? so off to b&Q and 98p later the dishwasher seems fine thanks for all your help. regards wayne

-- xrwardy

Reply to
xrwardy