Bosch dishwasher no draining

I have a cheap Bosch dishwasher that is 14 months old, just out of g'tee, and will not drain. Can anyone give me some pointers on what to look for? Will Bosch come out to fix it free? It is only about 5 to 6 weeks over the g'tee period.

So far not impressed with Bosch.

Reply to
timegoesby

I would contact Bosch. Although it is technically out of warranty, you can reasonably expect a dishwasher to last longer than 14 months. I would be amazed if they didn't sort it out for you, despite your experience Bosch is (imho) a very good company.

AK

Reply to
AK

Most of these type problems boil down ot the fact that you haven't cleaned them out properly.

Get some Sainsburys dishwasher cleaner tablets and run one of them thru. They are just "aggressive" enough to clear all the crap from the tubes. A friend had a very similar problem and was all for ringing Bosch to get them to repair it. Filters were clean etc. But after 1 tablet it was 100% improved.

Get them - run one a month on a hot wash with the machine empty - and I'd be very suprised if the problem doesn't go away and stay away.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Thanks for the tip.

In the meantime I decided to have a go myself, as it might be something simple. I could hear a buzzing when the drain pump should be running, so I thought of a blockage. I took the left hand side panel off with 3 of the special star shaped screws. I tilted the machine backwrds and undid two screws on the bottom plate. It hinged down. The drain pump motor is fitted by a bayonet fitting and an O ring. This easily came off. I cleaned it out. It didn't seem like there was enough scum to stop the motor. I tested the motor while it was hanging down and out of its housing. It spun. I reassembled. It worked. Took

20 minutes

The filter is a double filter and large objects should not enter the pump.

Reply to
timegoesby

Thanks for the tip.

In the meantime I decided to have a go myself, as it might be something simple. I could hear a buzzing when the drain pump should be running, so I thought of a blockage. I took the left hand side panel off with 3 of the special star shaped screws. I tilted the machine backwrds and undid two screws on the bottom plate. It hinged down. The drain pump motor is fitted by a bayonet fitting and an O ring. This easily came off. I cleaned it out. It didn't seem like there was enough scum to stop the motor. I tested the motor while it was hanging down and out of its housing. It spun. I reassembled. It worked. Took

20 minutes

The filter is a double filter and large objects should not enter the pump.

Reply to
timegoesby

Top job mate - now keep her clean. I can honestly say that we chuck all sorts of crap in our machine - but religiously run a cleaner tablet once a month. A mate with the same unit - but minus the monthly clean has his pack up in < 2 years.....

Worth 50p/month to not have it break IMHO :)

Cheer sDan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon