Bosch bio-degradable chain saw oil

My new Bosch chain saw instructions say that I have to use their bio- degradable oil. Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't use traditional chain saw oil in it (apart from warrantee considerations!)? Thanks.

Reply to
kent

When you use a chainsaw you possibly may cut down a tree. This is bad for the environment so to offset that you need to do penance by buying something green....

Reply to
Adrian C

Indeed! It's just that I have a nearly full container of traditional oil in the garage and I'd rather use it than dump (or rather, recycle!) it. I just don't want to ruin my new Bosch in the process!!

Reply to
kent

This is a real Jodrell.

Use the proper chain saw oil. If the saw breaks, drain it out and put in their mamby pamby stuff.

Problem solved

Reply to
Andy Hall

Chainsaw oil needs to be biodegradable. You're going to inhale / swallow some of it as an aerosol, and if _you_ can't degrade it, then you'll discover the Truth About Bears. 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley