Bore a hole in topsoil using standard drill? Auger bit?

It all depends on the soil and that you dont find out until you start, I done 12 posts a year back using the hand auger thingy, some holes were done in 10 minutes others I hit bricks a foot down and had to chisel out, others had wet clay (slow progress) No way would an attachment to a drill have done the job, wishful thinking.

Reply to
ss

yes but a few holes in the brick with a masonry bit would probably have dislodged it

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Not when the hole is 18 inches down and only 6 inches wide

Reply to
ss

I have an 18" masonry bit

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I have some 1M masonry bits!

Reply to
Capitol

I had a 9" for the sds but the actual drill could not fit down the 6" hole. Used a piece of hexion strip of metal and a lump hammer in the end.

Reply to
ss

Lidl did some 1m long 25mm masonry bits for a few quid. I use one for breaking up stuff in holes and aerating the lawn.

Reply to
dennis

Nice!

JP

Reply to
Jon Parker

Do you mean the angle grinder has finally met its match?

Reply to
Bob Martin