Bonding to a consumer unit

The main earth bonding from my main fuse to my consumer unit is 6mm is this ok? The house was built in 1980 so was it ok then? thanks.

Reply to
james

On 15 Dec 2004 04:32:15 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net (james) strung together this:

Chances are there's a lot more wrong with the installation than that! The earth cable is too small to comply with the current regulations but if it's anything like my 1980 house there's loads of things that would need doing to get it to comply.

Reply to
Lurch

It's only too small in certain cases isn't it? It depends on the supply type and the size of the supply cables surely. However, on thinking about it, 6mm does seem rather small.

Reply to
usenet

On 15 Dec 2004 16:26:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk strung together this:

As correct as you are it's unlikely that it was oversized by 10x for future regulation updates IYSWIM.

Reply to
Lurch