Bond fridge glass shelf to plastic/repair plastic clip

WHat would you use to repair the plastic sleeve that holds a fridge's glass shelf in place?

This one seems to have been quite poorly designed, so the weight of the shelf plus a bit of abuse has broken the plastic.

To make it worse, someone has tried to repair it with superglue, leaving a pointless crusty mess on the plastic.

I have the feeling that the plastic area is too small to permit a repair through bonding alone, and that I'm going to have to find some kind of clip to hold it together.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Thet are all like that.

try a hot glue gun. Really.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Look for a solvent weld adhesive.

Acetone can do it in a pinch: dip a cotton bud in acetone, rub it over the plastic. If some comes off, i.e. the plastic loses it's shine, it should work. Clean both sides well, using acetone (which will also remove the superglue). Then join, and let drop or three of acetone soak into the join. Let dry 24 hours...

With luck, it'll be as strong as the original part.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I've tried that. It held for a while but wasn't really satisfactory - fortunately it only had to hold for a few months, until the fridge was replaced (for other reasons!).

Reply to
S Viemeister

snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk

Try the fridge manufacturers, they may sell the plastic bit as a spare part

Reply to
F Murtz