Boiler/smoker

In the garden I have an old, and stunningly heavy, old Ideal boiler. It's something along the lines of this...

...but more square and not so old.

I would like to turn it into a hot smoker but I can't think of anything which I could molish a good smoke box out of to fit onto the 6" stub of chimney the boiler has on it.

I imagine some sort of metal cube with a lid would be suitable but I can't think of anything except bikky tins and they seem a bit floppy.

Any ideas?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Stainless steel stockpot from a kitchenware supplier (I got mine from Oxfam :-) although circular not square.

If you want to stack, then have a look at steamers too. Try nisbets.co.uk

For something bigger, search industrial estate skips for steel office cupboards or filing cabinets.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

uk.rec.sheds is that way ==>

:-P

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's VERY spammy recently, I noticed. Woss going on there?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Not seeing that much usenet spam thesedays, perhaps plusnet filters it, If I see it at all it is often because some fool has replied to it

Everyone there seems to be fully occupied keeping a cascade going the past few days ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'smoker', and what do you intend to use it for? Is this something to do with fish?

-- JJ

Reply to
Blueyonder

It's used to make smoked food - pastrami, bacon, poultry, fish etc.

Yum.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot