Boiler sizing from heatloss calculations

Better than starting in the wrong book.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not much difference. He read his colour Noddy book about Mr Sparks fixing things, that is for sure.

Reply to
IMM

"IMM" wrote | Not much difference. He read his colour Noddy book about | Mr Sparks fixing things, that is for sure.

That's all right then. It's the black-and-white Noddy books about Mr Sparks that can mislead people; Mr Sparks was still doing DP fusing in those days.

And who's "He" anyway? The cat's father?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The Cat's father? About right.

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

And you cut plastic pipe with a hacksaw in direct contravention of the manufacturer's recommendations?

Cowboy bodger is what you are.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No a create a perfect square cut, what theyu require. Boy are you dumb!

Reply to
IMM

The Polypipe brochure I picked up at PHEX this week explicitly says "Cutting Polyplumb pipe: Never use a hacksaw"

Reply to
Tony Bryer

£1400 appears high. Do some pricing. The DPS DHW only Pandora is around £600ish.

Also Try:

do square thermal stores, that save lots of space. Good products.

Try: Albion Range DPS

Reply to
IMM

That is geared for silly amateurs. They don't want agro from them. A pro can get a square clean cut using many methods as Hepworth pointed out on this ng.

Reply to
IMM

"IMM" wrote | > The Polypipe brochure I picked up at PHEX this week explicitly says | > "Cutting Polyplumb pipe: Never use a hacksaw" | That is geared for silly amateurs. They don't want agro from them. | A pro

So relevant to you exactly how?

| can get a square clean cut using many methods as Hepworth | pointed out on this ng.

Yes, but 'many methods' does not include hacksaw or, presumably, if one has a lot to do, feeding the end of the pipe into a garden shredder until it's chopped down to the correct length.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks. I've got a price for a DPS Pandora £712-£941 depending on fitted options. Still a little more pricy than the McDonald. Are they worth it?

I'm a bit confused by the Range "range" (if you pardon the pun). What's the double pump option?

TIA, W

Al Flowmaxes come with a DHW pump as standard. It appears the double pump is one with pump fitted for the boiler and one for the CH. Three pumps.

Reply to
IMM

I don't know the McDonald. However, the DPS is a plate exchanger heat bank, rather than an immersed coil thermal store. I would only go for a plate exchanger type.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

THERMflow 210 Boiler Model Combination Type c/w Lid Drain & Thermometer Fitted

50mm Foam Lagged

Suitable for use with an open vented boiler. Flow Rates: Store 80 degC - 20-25l/min @ 55 degC dependent upon ground water temp.

£600 plus VAT

These have an immersed coil and can do DHW and CH. A plate heat exchanger would give a higher flow rates. Also using a plate the store temp need only be 75C, which is more efficient when using a condensing boiler.

The best is a hybrid of the two: a coil for low flows, such as basins and sinks, and a plate for higher flows with the coil acting as a preheat. Using this method the pump does switch is as often.

Reply to
IMM