Boiler scrappage scheme - what?

Maybe he wants a cup of tea:-)

Reply to
ARW

Best answer yet!

You do realise you're going to hell, don't you ;-)

Reply to
fred

In message , robgraham writes

"Yes John, a white one would be nice"

Reply to
geoff

Not nice to refer to the missus as that, though.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Likely to be because they intend to try to sell you the new kit on a loan secured by the house (Only 2/- per month, "What kind of Shmo couldn't afford that ?") and might need SWMBO's signature because her name is on the deeds, or even because she's an established resident and they might have problems when push comes to shove making her homeless. Banks and building Soc's have insisted SWMBO goes to an independant Solicitor (of their choosing !) for a 3 minute all encompassing lesson on her rights tgo live in the

Ditto timesales selling scams.

DerekG

Reply to
DerekG

Sorry guys - just too many of you have come up with that justification and I really do wonder if that is something to do with boiler salesmen only then. I had 5 guys flogging me PV panels around 10 days ago - what will that be 7 or 8 times a new boiler, and not one of them even asked if I was married and that included one guy who was clearly of the rip off variety.

And also an apology (with humour) to John R - there's always one that breaks the rule. Your household must be quite interesting when you are planning / doing anything technical !

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Na not really... the "I am an engineer, you know" defence is typically only deployed when one attempts to be too condescending... most of the time, anything technical usually falls into either the "too clever by half" dismissal, or the "why do you think I have you?" position! ;-))

Reply to
John Rumm

If a sales man has to spend three hours describing the product then it is almost certainly going to be overpriced due to the costs of an unnecessary sales "channel".

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Only if you phoned them, not if they phone you.

In any case the "The Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008" applies regardless of who made the first contact so the point is moot for this type of purchase.

(the reason that the first sentence is not entirely redundant is that the

2008 law doesn't apply to everything that sales scum try to con you into buying on the doorstep)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

They were discussed here at the time because they make the task of complying properly with the law whilst providing the services of some sort of emergency repairman, somewhat more difficult.

tim

Reply to
tim.....