Boiler repair possible??

Is it possible to repair the heat excahnger - old floor standing Marathon boiler which has evidently sprung a leak .. drip drip drip!!! It's now not functioning.. so.. a new one for 800 ish or is it worth getting someone to weld it - is that possible?? Recomendations anyone . Ta

Dunno the Marathon, but old boilers usually have cast iron heat exchangers made in sections with some form of gasket between the sections. And it's usually this that fails. Whether spares are available and you could find someone willing to fix it I dunno either.
--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things? *

robf wrote:

I've got a hardly-used floor-standing gas boiler, in good fettle and appearance, standing dry in the garage, with documentation. If you want it, you can have it.
________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com