Boiler remote problem

Worcester combi boiler with radio Drayton remote thermostat is switching on when remote is not telling it to. Has worked fine up to now. Batteries fine. Any ideas? Boiler several years old and serviced annually. Remote replaced last August.

Reply to
Jim S

Is there anything else in the house using the same radio frequency?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Next door neighbours is very unpredictable. Heating doesn't come on, then comes on at random. Display is miniaturised crap, so you can't tell what it thinks it's doing. I blame giving it a computer and wireless rather than a bimetal strip and wires!

Reply to
Capitol

Reply to
Jim S

I am not familiar with these things, but can you select a different channel for the communication? I have had this with wireless doorbells.

Reply to
Davey

The vast majority of these devices use a licence exempt frequency of

433.920MHz, the spec' says 433MHz. Unfortunately the receivers are not normally the most selective and can be easily interfered with by transmissions on nearby frequencies. Now your fun begins, trying to find the interference source.

Although you say it is switching on when not told to???? Strange, has anyone nearby got a similar system that yours is maybe hearing? Or as Roger says anything else in your home? Although it would be unlikely to be using the same data, nothing is impossible.

Car remote key fobs, some video senders that allow you to use your IR remote from the bedroom, etc. back to the lounge etc. use 433 to send the IR data back. Weather stations with remote sensors, wireless burglar alarm sensors. The list is endless. Oh and boiler remote thermostats too.

Failing that any new aerials gone up nearby recently?

Buy a cheap radio scanner, tune to 433.920 and listen for your remote transmission and then turn yours off and listen for any others, try and figure out where they are. Then invest in a wired system and have no more problems.

If it is RF interference I wish you the very best of luck in tracking it down.

Reply to
Bill

has a transmitter turned up near you? Possibly a Radio Amateur?

Reply to
charles

In article , Davey scribeth thus

868 MHz is getting more used these days it seems over the 433 channels..

..FWIW...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Jim S writes

A long shot but try a factory reset on the stat, reset of the 'pairing' and then re-pairing to get the two back in sync.

Pairing instructions are frequently buried deep in the installer section or sometime not there at all as the pairing should be set at the factory and are meant to stay that way.

Ah, here we go, they call it learn mode:

fred

I have copy of that and will do it in the morning. Still a bit puzzled, but will try anything.

Reply to
Jim S