Boiler - pump works, but it doesn't fire up

Thanks for all messages re draining system. I re-filled the system after moving a downstairs rad and bled them from downstairs up whilst maintaining the pressure in the system by topping up.
When I turned the heating on, the pump sounded like it was working, but the boiler didn't fire up. This also happens when the hot water is turned on. The pilot light is still on.
Any help would be much appreciated

Is the boiler thermostat correctly set? The boiler won't fire if its stat has been turned right down for any reason.
Roger