Boiler prices.

Hello all, I need to buy a new boiler. Can anyone recommend any shop/outlet where i can obtain one at an equitable price? Worcester ,Potterton or any other reliable make? nb, I'm in the northwest area.

Thanks very.

Nick.

Reply to
Picker

shop/outlet

are usually OK. You may find cheaper elsewhere on specific items, but they are usually not too far off the pace.

"Potterton" and "reliable make" are rarely found in any sentence that excludes the word "not".

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On the advice of the much-maligned John/Adam/IMM/Dr Drivel, I had a look at

odd setup - you ring them up for a price list and application form, choose your boiler, get your installer (which can be yourself) to fill in a simple form that _doesn't_ ask for a Corgi number, fax it to them, and they fax both you and your chosen plumbcenter with an authorisation number. Toddle along there, pay up, and the job's a good 'un. They also offer various control packs, but none of them quite did what I want.

In case the BCO secret police are reading this, or are funding this whole scheme as a sting, I didn't buy a Glow Worm 30cxi condensing combi for £663 inc VAT, and including the standard flue and fixing jig.

There are similar schemes, some confined to particular areas, but my "local" scheme didn't offer Glow Worm.

Reply to
Autolycus