Boiler pilot light purging?

I have done so in the past very successfully. My point was to pack the gland on the stopcock with PTFE tape in a string. I have done this very successfully.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

:

He's never bloody fixed it when I tell him to. I think he doesn't love = me anymore :-(

-- =

I like bagpipes. I also like violins when played with a hammer.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

:

To save yourself =A33.

-- =

There are two people I trust to use my computer. Myself and you are not= the other one.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

To save yourself ?3.

To save going out for a new tap, turning the water off and fitting the tap. It took all of 5 minutes to pack the gland ............. if that. Btw, if it was the gland that was weeping on your stopcock, you can tighten it up very easily. But you knew that.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

He's never bloody fixed it when I tell him to. I think he doesn't love me anymore :-(

I had no complaints until last night, then I found out that Quotefix had been deleted by that bloody Firefox update. It also gave me 14% fragmentation and I've no idea why.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Some use O-rings. Sometimes it's just a better policy to replace. Saves fighting all those years of internal crud and soon to be failing washer.

Reply to
Fredxxx

e...

e:

You're not quoting again.

I don't concern myself with fragmentation, you need a bloody crappy old = slow disk to care about that. Those one with the stepper motors from th= e 80s for example.

-- =

My wife and I went to a hotel where we got a waterbed. My wife calls it = the Dead Sea .

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

e:

The whole tap looked very old, I thought it best to avoid future leaks. = Click on Ebay to get new tap, freeze pipes and fit. Easy.

-- =

A high IQ is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I think mine was an O ring and it was not very old when it began to weep. It is an outside tap and has been fine for the past few years with the PTFE.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

You're not quoting again.

Never mind.

I don't concern myself with fragmentation, you need a bloody crappy old slow disk to care about that. Those one with the stepper motors from the 80s for example.

Defragging is no big deal.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

te:

I was talking about a tap in the attic for the central heating. Not the= kind of thing I want to drip again.

-- =

Tough Guy no. 1265

te:

Unnecessary wear on the drive.

-- =

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Last time I saw that pipe freezing method it turned into a right balls up.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Once a month, it does not take long. I think Quotefix had turned itself off.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I've never seen it cause an improvement. Even on a crappy old computer = with much fragmentation. Only upgrading the RAM helps.

Odd.

-- =

A young teenager comes home from school and asks her mother, "Is it true= what Rita just told me? That babies come out of the same place where b= oys put their thingies?" "Yes, dear," replies her mother, pleased that the subject had finally co= me up and she wouldn't have to explain it. "But then when I have a baby, won't it knock my teeth out?"

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Worked fine for me. Two foam tubes, one each side of the tap. Fill the= m with freeze spray from an aerosol.

-- =

Sex without love is merely healthy exercise.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Did you remember to turn the heating off? ;-)

-- =

Sex without love is merely healthy exercise.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I only use SSD hard drives. They never need fragmenting. I would never go back to the ancient and slow mechanical drives. Whenever I'm sorting out other peoples computers that have mechanical HDDs, they seem to crawl along at a snails pace compared to SSDs.

Reply to
Bod

So you had to pay for a freezing kit as well?

Reply to
Bod

ote:

I think I already had one. Or borrowed one. They come in handy anyway.=

-- =

I used to eat nothing but natural foods. Then I found one of the leading reasons for death was natural causes, so= . . .

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265