Boiler location

I found that it is possible to buy an exterior combi boiler but only oil fired. Is there a reason why there doesn't seem to be a gas fired boiler suitable for mounting outside the house.

Reply to
John

do you mean in a outhouse or garage, if so thats not a problem as most are fitted with integral frost stats

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

There's not a big enough market for them. External oil boilers are fitted in rural locations and farms, where space for external tanks and outbuildings is plentiful. Oil boilers can be noisier and smellier than gas ones, too. Gas boilers are generally fitted in urban locations, where space is tight and mains gas available. Presumably there aren't enough mains gas properties that would benefit from an external gas boiler to be worth developing one.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Before the introduction of regulatory demands it was possible to buy a blown gas burner to convert an oil fired boiler to gas firing. I suppose you could always lie about this and buy a blown gas burner of the right output ostensibly as a replacement for a gas fired burner on another boiler. You would need to be able to quote a suitable boiler model of course.

Reply to
John