Boiler KW and pump over run....

Hi.

Just move to a new flat. In the flat there is a vaillant ecomax condensing boiler.

The boiler has a digital management system that allows you to control how the boiler will operate. One of the things that I have notice is that some one has set the boiler to give only 10KW when the maximum is

  1. I changed it back to 14 (the maximum) and the boiler achieve the set temperature quicker. Is there a reason for limiting the boiler output?

My system is a Full control by two 2-port valves. When there is no demand for heat from the water tank the valve is closed. When there is no demand from the room thermostat another valve is close.

When the hating is cut off by room thermostat or timer the pump is running for another 5 min and both valve are closed I believe that the bypass inside the boiler is been used in order to allow the pump to circulate the water. One of the options in the boiler is to change the time that the pump is running after the demand for heat is cut off (pump over run) I was thinking to change it to the minimum because even if the pump is still running the resident heat from the boiler is not been transfer because both valves are closed, my boiler temperature is set to 60C so it is not as hot=85.. Thought?

Thank you and happy New Year

Reply to
Golan

Preventing overshoot of the flat's air temperature. Preventing excessive gas been drawn through pipe work with a limited capacity.

Yes.

Leave alone and enjoy.

New Year, already!

Reply to