Boiler cycle and roomstat

First of all I want to thank all the people in this group that give my answer to my questions. I learned a lot about heating systems and boilers only from the group. Thank you very much. This is the story So I live in a small flat in London 1 bad room 4 radiators. 2 big ones. One in the living room and one in the bedroom and medium one in the hall and a small one in the bathroom. The boiler is a Worcester 24CDi combination fitted with timer and in the last week also a room thermostat. When I moved in to the place there was no room thermostat so I ask the landlord to install one. BG was here 4 days ago and I ask them to install the thermostat in the hall witch in the canter of the house. To the left it is the bathroom wall and to the right is the living room wall. The doors on both rooms are open most of the time and the heat from those rooms=E2=80=99s going also to the hall. The hall radiator is off most of the time, also the bedroom radiator is off, I don=E2=80=99t like heating in my bedroom, so I close the door to the bedroom so the heat will not escape. most of the time it is only the bath room and the living room radiator on. There are issues that I am trying to understand. First of all the boiler looks like it short cycle all the time. I actually could count the time between cycles and the cycle=E2=80=99s them self. The boiler fire every 3 min exactly for about one min and then again after 3 min fire for one min on and on and on. I try to lower the radiator water temperature but still the boiler will fire every 3 min for lees time about 40 sec and again after 3 min as if there is a timer that set to fire every 3 min. what worry me in not the fact that the boiler fire a lot (it not mine =EF=81=8A ) but my gas bill that I might get. I try to low= er the radiator temp to 60-65 but than the radiator is not boiling hot and it takes about an hour for the room the get worm I like it to get worm instant so I have to set it around 70-75 and than the radiator is burning hot and after 10-15 min the room in nice and worm. So what do you guys say? Dose it sounds like a gas hog? Or 60 sec cycles are normal? Which in the end if you calculate it the boiler fire for 20min every hour I try to save gas with the room thermostat and I set it to 21 and then the house become worm but feels like much more than 21 at some point after 2 hours =3D the thermostat click off but if the temperature is not falling to around 19.5 the thermostat dose but click back. It can take couple of hours for the thermostat to call again for heat and the house feel=E2=80=99s coldish. Not freezing but that nice felling of warm air comi= ng from the radiator that is gone =EF=81=8A A friend told me. wait till it will be really cold. He sad that the thermostat become more sensitive in the winter time and in this time of the year a different of 1.5 degree feels deferent for the body than in the winter time. So what do you say? Is my system just drinking gas? It=E2=80=99s a small fl= at and I don=E2=80=99t think I need to pay a big gas bill, and do my thermostat reaction is normal?=20 Thanks in advance

Reply to
Golan

Sounds like BG screwed up the wiring somehow, at least that was the problem when my neighbour's boiler was doing exactly that.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Is your new room thermostat mechanical or electronic? In other words, do you set it by turning a knob or by pressing temperature up and down buttons?

Reply to
Roger Mills

It is a room thermostat mechanical and there are 2 wires going in to it brown to L and a blue going to 3

Reply to
Golan