Boiler controls help

We've just moved into a house and they've not left the full instructions for the boiler controls. I've figured out how to set the programs but there are 4 settings on the control for both CH and HW. These are Off, On, Once and Twice. I've worked out the first two :-) but the "Once" and "Twice" have me stumped. When selected both seem to kick the HW on, but after that?

Reply to
mike. buckley

There should also be a way to set a 1st period start time/1st period stop time, then a 2nd period start time/2nd period stop time.

On Once will be from the start of the first period to the end of the second. On twice will be each period as set above.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

'Once' runs from the first start time to the second stop time - ie usually all day and evening. Handy for when you're in all day. Twice gives two ons and offs. Like on in the early morning when you get up, off during the day, then on in the evening after work, and off during the night.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As you say, OFF is obvious - and ON pretty certainly means on all the time - regardless of any timer settings.

TWICE almost certainly means that you can have two on/off periods per day - e.g. one in the morning and one in the afternoon/evening, by setting the clock appropriately.

I've not come across ONCE as such, but I guess that it equates to the ALL DAY setting which some controllers have - coming on at the start of the first period, and remaining on until the end of the second period.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The pretty generic Honeywell

in both types. Only difference are the selector switches - and price. They can be swopped with no alteration to the wiring, etc.

I've got a once/twice one here going spare after changing to a system boiler. Just had a new battery too, if anyone is interested.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

Umm, yes, very interesting about the battery :-)

Reply to
mike. buckley

I read that as "tearing its hair out" and then realised that you meant "surplus to requirements"

Reply to
Roger Mills

to the manufacturers web site. But note that some programmers are rebadged (eg British Gas programmers are made by Danfoss)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hi,what could be a problem on my fuel boiler switching off before reach pressure settings.

Reply to
rangariraikanourombo

What kind (make and model) of boiler is this?

Many sealed system boilers will require certain amount of pressure in thee primary heating circuit before they can operate correctly. If the pressure is below this limit, the boiler will normal enter a lockout state. You would need to add more water to the primary system to fix this.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sorry our crystal ball is away, and won't be back due to the current virus situation

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

What's a fuel boiler?

Reply to
Cynic

I don't know.

77.246.53.13 - Geo Information IP Address 77.246.53.13 Host 77.246.53.13 Location ZW ZW, Zimbabwe City -, Organization Liquid Telecommunications Ltd
Reply to
Graham.