Boiler Controller / Room Thermostat recomendations

We have a Potterton Netaheat Profile 80e boiler which is controlled by a Potterton EP2001 timer and a Honeywell room thermostat. I think the room thermostat is a T6360 but there are no markings on it.

I'm looking to replace the EP2001 and/or the T6360 with a modern programmable timer and room thermostat. I like the idea of one which I can 'tell' that I'd like the house to be a certain temprature by 7am and for the timer to work out what needs to be done. Frost protection would also be handy - mostly for piece of mind.

Any recomendations?

The current system is made up of

Potterton Netaheat Profile 80e boiler Potterton EP2001 timer Honeywell T6360 (I think) room thermostat in the hall) Landis + Gyr tank thermostat Wilo Gold 60 pump Honeywell F4 9818 valve

It's a pumped Y-plan system.

TIA!

Guy #include funny footer

Reply to
Guy Dawson

Keep the EP2001 to give you time control over the HW. Switch the CH to continuous and replace the thermostat with a Horstmann Centaurstat 7.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

"Ed Sirett" wrote

I recently had a ch upgrade and accepted the install of the Honeywell CM67s. These have the "set the temperature for a given time" facility, but the system never managed to settle (despite being given a number of weeks to "understand" the environment). Ended up turning off this facility and using the trusted "tell it when to switch on" logic.

HTH

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster
[ OP snipped ]

Thanks for the pointer. I'll go have a look.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Dawson