boiler condensate drain

Hello,

Daft question but the condensate drain made of 22mm "overflow" pipe, does it have to be solvent welded or is push fit ok?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

I bought some 22mm overflow today for exactly that job on my new boiler. I assumed it was solvent weld, but looking at the label on the pipe its described as push fit.

Im going to weld mine I think.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've only ever seen pushfit AFAICR

David

Reply to
Lobster

Generally solvent weld but I sometimes leave one or two joints un-solvented so they can be disassembled if necessary.

Reply to
YAPH

Some push fit cannot be solvent welded.

Reply to