Boiler bits ...

How long have Charlie Hyde been in that business, then ?

Arfa Daily

fact if you read their About Us page:

"Ezypart was set up in 2003 as a division of Charles Hyde & Son and it is now a well established provider of key replacement components and spare parts for domestic boilers."

Reply to
John Rumm

How odd that I've never noticed it before. In fact, a while back, I needed a part for my daughter's boiler, and I don't remember them appearing when I Googled for "replacement boiler parts". I would almost certainly have used them, otherwise.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Never used them myself... I take it you would recommend the parent company for electrical stuff?

Reply to
John Rumm

They're ok, but you have to be very careful. If you hunt a part by their search engine, you won't necessarily come up with the best value variant at the top, as they are third party spares agents for a lot of manufacturers. So, if you searched say a particular audio IC, you might see it come up listed four or five times from different manufacturer's models, and the one top of the list might be from perhaps a Denon hifi, and be priced at £17.36. Look further down the list, and you might find the identical item specced as being for maybe a Bush hifi, and it will be £2.20. Also, their p&p is a bit TTP, but overall, for spares for consumer electronics items, as well as generic lasers and so on, they're not bad. I don't use them personally very often, as most of the time I leave it to the shops that I am doing the work for to get the parts in. That way, they have complete control of the job costings, and it allows them to do their own marking up on parts cost. Most of them do use CHS regularly.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily