Boiler

Hi

I have a Ferroli combination boiler and compared to the boiler ( not combination ) when I was at a previous address it comes on and off very frequent - the cycle is about on for 1 minute and off for 2. The pressure is normal and there appear to be no air locks but is this normal or does it sound as if there could be a problem ?

Thanks

Reply to
x.x

During heating not HW I presume. It simply means that the heating requires about 1/3 of the available power. Most models are modulating meaning they adjust their power over a range (about 40%-100%). However in spring and autumn the power requirements can be even lower than the 40% hence the on-off cycling.

You might be able to avoid this behaviour by adding a wall thermostat to turn the boiler off completely for a longer while.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

You might be able to avoid this behaviour by adding a wall thermostat to

for the reply. Yes it is during the heating - it was also the fact the constant on and off may be causing more wear and tear but appears ok then.

Reply to
x.x