Bog Installation Help - Mono B&Q

Hello All

I've just started to install a mono closed coupled back to wall bog from b&q and have come across some fixings that I haven't a clue what they are used for.

The bag contained something that I can only describe as looking like a heart beat monitor strap (plastic) that connects to two brackets on a ratchet type mechanism. I can slide the strap up and down. This is obviously for some kind of adjustment. The bag also contained plugs and screws etc. I'm assuming this is to fix the pan to the floor or to the wall, but how?

TIA

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Ah ha, I'm getting warmer. The brackets fit the pan to the floor. The strap is fitted to the floor along with brackets which go inside the pan and the screws that screw into the side of the pan screw into one of the already started off holes in the plastic bracket, looks kinda like a honeycombe. Should I just cut the strap to size width ways, on a dry run its wider than the pan!

Is this correct?

TIA

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Derrr looks like just an adjustment strap for ease of fitting. I think I have it now! the penny has dropped...............

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Firkin bog! just smashed the thing to little bits, and I've also started talking to myself.............

Reply to
r.rain