bobski the builder - ch4

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "tim....." saying something like:

There were some fishy gaps and some dubious editing in it. I suspect the British builder's other jobs were nothing like as bad as that and he just wanted that one finished and out of the way, so employed some casuals to get it done - bit of a mistake.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Quite a babe magnet then?

Can't say I'd ever watch such a thing, not being so soon out of the nursery. I didn't even know there were such programmes. What value to the community are they?

Do they still have the same format on built my white-shed-man?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

A local builder I used told me he used to be "on-call" for a tv company as a rent-a-quote builder. They were doing a feature on an old lady who's daughter reckoned she had been ripped off by a builder for guttering and roofing work. My builder was asked to go and assess the job. He said the job was OK but that he would have doen it for less but she'd agreed a quote and that's what they charged so fair enough. When the programme was aired, some of the guttering had been pulled apart and it was aired as a shoddy job. This was not the case when my builder was viewing it. On the basis (as he put it) "he has to live in this town", he has done no further work for them.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I bet that the bad husband, Clint (?), was told by the producer to do a "take two" and be as nasty as he could manage in front of the cameras so as to add interest to the program . Even if he is as mean as he appeared, I don't think it'd be possible for him to be his genuine relaxed nasty self with a camera crew in the room with him, so I'm not convinced that that was real. And I'm amazed that such an appalling English builder was prepared to advertise his crappy product on tv. He must've been paid well by the tv company to compensate for the damage to his reputation.

It'd make a great series to shadow the Polish builder doing a few more jobs, starting with the electrician's extension. I hope they do that. The guy deserves the positive exposure and it'd be educational too. Tony

Reply to
tonyjeffs