Bob The Builder

Being the dad of a 5 year old and therefore obligated to watch hour after hour of Cbeebies, I believe I have noticed something you be unaware of.

During an episode of Bob The Builder I began to notice some tension between Digger and Spud. In fact, at times the animosity between them chilled my bones.

Anybody know what the problem is?

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

Something about BMI, I think.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I think one of them was on the board of Cornwall Electricals.

Reply to
Lino expert

It all stems from the mid-eighties....

The Big Bang of the stock exchange in 1986 allowed yuppies to make billions. Mrs Thatcher's policies led to another recession in the 1990s and unfettered lending led to today's credit crunch.

Digger and Spud were partners back then and had borrowed (and invested) heavily in plant and equipment but work was scarce and becoming even scarcerer, they had a fight one day and have never trusted each other ever since.

The moral of the tale is for Government to introduce insurance to protect loans and prevent eviction, invest in infrastructure, negotiate and move forward together, not divide, rule and conquer like Mrs Thatcher....but that's a different story.

Reply to
Phil L

Nah. Digger likes the odd cigarette & Spud is a RASF.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Lovers' tiff.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Watch out though. With a dad doing DIY and watching Bob the Builder, he's on his way to an ASBO by the age of 8

little boy's mum got one too banning her from "letting more than three people visit her a day"

Keep that Makita under lock and key.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Are you insinuating that Spud is gay? Gay dear? Who dear? Spud dear? No dear. How very dare you?

Who is Digger anyway?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The one on t... :~O

Reply to
:Jerry:

Spud's been shopping at Lidl and the Pound Shop

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Is it just me, or is Bob a most unrealistic builder. He never sucks his teeth and says "Dunno which monley put this in, gonna cost you to sort it out" and always turns up with the correct materials for the job.

Reply to
DanS

Disgrace to his profession.

Reply to