Boat park surface problem

My sailing club has just finished building a new club house that has wooden floors. The 3200M2 compound around it, is finished with "crusher dust", a 1 to 5mm aggregate over 75mm hard core.

The problem is that we can not keep the grit out of the club house and it will destroy the floor finish in time.

The "crusher dust" was raked and rolled and it is a functional surface. Is there any way of stabilise the surface at a reasonable cost?

Reply to
Brian Walker

"Brian Walker" wrote | My sailing club has just finished building a new club house that | has wooden floors. The 3200M2 compound around it, is finished | with "crusher dust", a 1 to 5mm aggregate over 75mm hard core. | The problem is that we can not keep the grit out of the club house | and it will destroy the floor finish in time. | The "crusher dust" was raked and rolled and it is a functional | surface. Is there any way of stabilise the surface at a reasonable | cost?

I don't know how much it costs, but it sounds like a suitable application for Fibre Deck (or similar spelling). It's hot liquid asphalt with chopped glassfibre in, with fine stones over the top rolled in. It's applied by a ride-on machine and is suitable for pedestrian and cycle traffic. Lots of paths on some heathland near me were done with it.

I think it's proprietary to Colas. Google.

In the meantime, or as well, you can get some really big mats for the doors, the ones you can take outside and hose down.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I suspect a boat park is going to see quite a few 4x4s coming and going.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I would try putting down a more stable surface, concrete, block paving, etc. on the approach to the club house entrance, then fitting really good entrance mats. Try a Google search on entrance matting or on Frontrunner matting, which is one such system that I have used. They usually have two or three different mats, outdoors and indoors, that progressively remove different levels of contamination as people walk over them.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar