BNC Crimp tool and (separate) atomiser recommendations?

Hi All this chat of wire cutters & Vehicle Wiring products has reminded me: can anyone suggest where I might source a cheap 'hex' crimp tool, for crimping on BNC connectors etc.? I actually want it for 'N' Type RF cable (not sure of the size required, but most of the tools have multiple sized holes, don't they?). I don't need it to last forever and don't want to spend £20+ for a decent quality one.

Also, on a totally separate note ... you know the throwaway atomiser spray guns that Hardware shops & garden centres sell for a couple of quid... can anyone suggest which of the mryiad of these are of decent quality? I'd be happy to pay a bit more for one with (eg.) a metal spray plate, and a decent pump action. I only want a small hand-held style, not the larger sized ones which are sold for spraying weedkiller/fertiliser etc.

Thanks for any suggestions

jon N

Reply to
Jon Nicoll

In article , Jon Nicoll writes

Can't be done. We crimp a lot of BNC and N types and cheap tools don't do it properly and don't last.

Having said that, try

he supplies the radio comms trade and his prices for tooling are very good .....

Reply to
tony sayer

Ask anyone who installed computer networking 10+ years ago. They'll have an old dusty one they no longer use.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Try Ebay. There's often a few of these on there cheap.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Most will do RG58 and RG59 form factor but not the thicker cables. The cheaper ratchet crimps tools are actually very good value, give consistent results and last well. You should get one for about GBP15-20. Have a look at the CPC web site

for part nos TL0862166, TL0148266 for examples.

Reply to
Peter Parry

It's often (no idea in this particular case, mind) worth typing in the part number WITHOUT the last two digits. You will either get the item as above, or a list of choices. All are the same item with different suffix digits, and some amay be at lower prices (they are the version in the latest 'sale' brochure).

Reply to
Bob Eager

They need to be cantilever types to achieve the pressure, so I don't think you'll find a cheap new one much under 20 quid. They come up on Ebay secondhand, but usually make good prices.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hi all Thanks for all the suggestions. I'd previously looked on eBay but have only seen cheap tools (with the sellers not answering any questions) or decent ones that go for 'real' money. The CPC tools look like my best bet, I'd forgotten about them!

Thanks again Jon

Reply to
Jon Nicoll