Blum Hinges

Our 12-yr old kitchen hinges are getting a bit dodgy, and a lot need renewing. Can't afford a whole new kitchen just yet.

I see Blum hinges quite readily available on ebay. Are they pretty standard things - i.e. the new ones are screw in replacements for those from 12 years ago? Quite tempting to get the soft closers actually.

Cheers

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Everything you could possibly want to know about their products (except prices):

And for hinges specifically:

I rate the CLIP top with Blumotion soft close. If not using these, go for the Blumotion 970A hinge-side soft closers. (They work better than the handle-side soft closers which only slow down the door for the last few mm of travel.) As the instructions say, on heavier doors you can fit other models or multiple soft closers.

(You might find that some other makes have same size hole requirements; even same positions. But I have never seen one as good as real Blum.)

Reply to
Rod

Great - thanks Rod.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Salice for one are as good as Blum, but marketed more to industry. Their 700 series with built in soft close are very neat-looking, much more so than the clip-on Blum stuff. I have a mix in the kitchen I have just installed, as the Salice range is a bit limited, eg no wide angle hinges. For standard doors, the Salice ones are much more elegant.

Bolted

>Interesting - I shall look further into Salice. But Blum are so easy for me to buy, probably won't change. But how do prices compare?

Reply to
Rod

I wrote to Blum about getting some spare parts for my kitchen and they sent me them FoC :-) Might be worth a try?

Reply to
Mark

Thanks Rod. Sorry for late response. Been away for a while.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth