Blue-tack in a carpet

As above, I have blue tack in a carpet. How do I remove it?

I have done a google, but all that came back is some sort of glue that is used to fix the carpet to the floor. Both blue and black.

Please. Where did I go wrong in typing into google 'removing blue tack from a carpet' ?

I'm not that clued up on the way to google things. Is there a definitive way to do it and is there a web site that explains this?

many TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I think I would use liberal quantitys of patience

But have a look here :-

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Dave wrote :-

you need to think like a machine and know what you are looking for

blutack remove - in google found this :-

turps is a solvent for blutack - then you will need something to remove the smell of the turps

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff wrote;

something to remove the smell of the turps

Reply to
Magician

Add salt to the ice to get it even colder.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Just the comment I was going to make :-)

This "trick" works even better if the ice is crushed first. Make sure you add loads of salt - at least a couple of heaped table spoons to a sandwich bag of crushed ice. You can get the temperature down to -10 easily with this method. I always found it worked better if the ice was dry when the salt as added so crush it up quickly and get the salt in fast.

Reply to
doozer

Many thanks to all who have replied. I will try what you advise and see what comes of it. The carpet, by the way, is not in my home but at a school and yes, I do have a load of spare to try out the replies on :-) Fir some reason, not every post came up on my ISP.

Thanks again

Dave

Reply to
Dave

BT servers are renowned for their crapness, I believe. The standard advice was to get a free account with news.individual.net, but from the start of next month it will no longer be free - still a good service though.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Now I understand :-(

Dave