Blown Away

There seems to be various qualities of Glyphosate. My farmer pal buys G in quantity from an agricultural merchants. This is industrial strength stuff, with a strong chemical smell, and sprayed plants start to yellow-up in only 7 to 10 days. Your Murphy's, etc. from the local garden centre, is like baby's milk compared to that stuff.... and a hell of a lot more expensive.

I supplied to a plant research centre which did trials on early samples of G. AFAIR their early results were showing that the best time to spray was in late spring, when the plant had grown lots of leaves, but still had plenty of growth hormones (Auxins?) circulating around.

Reply to
Tony Williams

So in an emergency, if you did knock back a cup of paraquat, you should get stuck into a nice bowl of kitty litter?

Reply to
Rob Morley

It's a common treatment for many things. Should be ground though, not clumped. Also some cat litter is a super-absorbent polymer which has its own health risks if you swallow much of it.

My workshop spillage control is a sack of fuller's earth cat litter, but I ball-milled it first to make it smaller. I buy the good stuff for wood finishing though.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

See below.

What antennas actually go up will depend very much on my success with the subject of this thread.

Thanks again for the ongoing discussion. I'm archiving the whole lot - the pig, the kitty litter and all.

Reply to
Ian White