Blowing Neighbours smell away

A better metaphor would be if you went round the pub urinating on people.

Reply to
Huge

"Tu quoque" is obviously the logical fallacy of fuckwits generally, rather than just cyclists.

Reply to
Huge

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha[gasp]hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nope. Unlike you, I actually know what an unbiased source is.

Reply to
Huge

Look on the bright side. No pig farm close by.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's why they deserve our sympathy. OK, so someone made a bad choice in starting to smoke (probably as a teenager). We all make bad choices when young, it's just that this decision is very hard to reverse.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I'd wager that people have been killed for a packet of cigarettes - in prison.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

How true, these clean air addicts, will thump the ground with their heels and go purple in the face if you try to take it away from them..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Eventually we get to the real reason.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Still not a good metaphor. Passive smoking is dangerous as well as unpleasant. How about the smokers playing Russian roulette?

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Pig farms are not that bad unless you have to go into a just opened pig house. Turkey offal is the weapon of choice as spread on fields near travellers.

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

I think this is the main issue. Except in very smoky confined spaces, I'm guessing that the cancer risk from other people's smoke is pretty minimal, but those particulates can be very troubling for some. Any smoke is air pollution, regardless of what's being burnt.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

You think these only started after the smoking ban? Have you tried asking those publicans who's pubs have had to close?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

First, ask nicely, then if that fails, fight fire with fire.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Noise pollution drives me up the wall, too.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

You DO care? But you still inflict it on them. How nice of you.

Well done, a true statement at last. Many things cause asthmatic attacks. But that doesn't give you the right to cause one to an innocent victim.

Wrong. You have just told us that you will continue inflicting your smoke on others.

Ah. The final resort of the lost argument.

Reply to
Fuschia

I've worked in prisons on a number of occasions and never once saw a packet of cigarettes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The smoker's attitude.'It's legal and therefore I can do it. If it pollutes your airspace, .... tough'

Mike

Reply to
'Mike'

No one has stopped smokers going and killing themselves in smoke filled rooms. You can go and do it if you want.

What is banned is employers allowing workers to do so. The same as they aren't allowed to go into paint shops, asbestos cleanup, etc. This is because the overwhelming evidence is that smoke filled rooms are dangerous to staff and you are not allowed to send employees into danger.

It would appear to be, smokers certainly don't allow others to enjoy smoke free air if it means delaying their fix.

Reply to
dennis

It's only natural for addicts to claim that they enjoy the habit and that they are being persecuted. It's so much easier than admitting they are too weak minded to give it up. Fortunately, smoking IS gradually dying out. Too slowly, but it is happening.

Reply to
Fuschia

On Monday March 7th, 2011, my eldest brother died, quite nastily, from lung cancer caused by smoking. Smoking can cause lung cancer and lung cancer can kill. Fact.

Reply to
Kathy