Blowing Neighbours smell away

How about Roy Castle a man who died from lung cancer and who never smoked. Said he picked up the disease from the night clubs he worked in and where smoking was rampant. For further information see the following URL's.

Peter (an ex-smoker)

Reply to
Peter James

Finally! A use for those spare windfarm fans!

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Roy Castle

Reply to
Bob Martin

,

I can see that as you're close to them. Not so close if you're next door. Of course blame the law for your situation. A room provided for smokers with decent filtration and extraction (as before the law changed) saved such things.

Oh dear - I remember that. Riverside had water evaporation air cooling which always struck me as dodgy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

,

In my case: BH

Reply to
charles

One swallow - even with a famous name - does not a summer make. And even if it did, there's a very big difference between working all your life in smoky rooms and having neighbours who smoke outdoors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. But did you read the attached URL's?

I suppose you are a strong believer in the tobacco companies assertion that there is no proven link between tobacco and lung disease?

Peter

Reply to
Peter James

Of course not. Just that the link between passive smoking and lung disease is far more difficult to prove.

You seem to think Roy Castle proves it. Despite his death being many years ago. Where are all the other famous people so afflicted?

If one does you, I had a neighbour who worked in pubs and clubs all his life, and didn't smoke. He didn't die of cancer or any other smoking related disease - and at a ripe old age.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One of my brothers in law did not smoke. He was a professional guitar player. He died from lung cancer in his fifties after playing in countless smoky places.

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Many non smokers die from lung cancer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There is conclusive evidence to link active smoking with lung cancer. Passive smoking is however a myth.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How many non smoking professional guitar players didn't die of lung cancer?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No point in arguing with anyone if you don't know the facts.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There's no point in arguing about this at all. The OP finds the smoke offensive and wants ideas to be rid of it. Why is not the issue.

Reply to
Sacha

I find fat stupid people offensive. And total vegetarian snobs. What is the best method of blowing them away?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Semtex?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think that this will be my last posting on this subject. There's none so bllind as those who will not see!

He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975

Reply to
Peter James

Try it. I wish my new neighbours would just smoke rather than only occupy their house when they are going to have a huge party. A car blocked me in, and I asked them to move (this was at 9a.m. and he said he would only be there for a few minutes, so I agreed ok) It was there until 7 pm. and there were people spilling into the street talking at the top of their voices all day. This is a quiet area, this is the 2nd noisy party in a few weeks. They will not fit in if they continue. They do not even seem to be living there, just using it for parties. It drives me wild. Tina

Reply to
Christina Websell

The Medway Handyman

Mostly by the addicts.

Addicts and their suppliers always like to look at studies and ignore those that don't agree with their findings. remember how many decades the smoking lobby told everyone that smoking didn't harm the addicts? remember how many decades the smoking lobby claimed smoking was not addictive. Now they claim passive smoking does no harm.

You just can't trust the smoking industry or the addicts, they lie, they lie lots.

There is no way an addict will admit that he has helped to kill someone and they will cling on to any sliver of evidence to say they didn't, such is life and death.

Its pointless arguing with addicts until they are cured.

Reply to
dennis