BLOWING FUSES !!!!!!!

the reason i think it was connected to the pressure washer is that they both happened at the same time

my husband attached it to the sink and turned the tap full we have really good water pressure its the only thing i can put it down to

Reply to
joruss

So did you have anybody look at it or do anything to repair it or did you just leave it to dry out and assume it would be okay?

Reply to
Richard Conway

yes

The you, or someone with the ability, needs to trace the fault. Otherwise youre wasting your time replacing one item after another at random.

I'd start by putting the original controller back in, at least everythings wired up right then.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , snipped-for-privacy@kirkby.fsworld.co.uk writes

A thought, is it a mixer tap that he attached it to? Did he turn on both the hot and cold taps together? If so then you may well have fed high pressure cold back up the hot pipe and caused the header tank to over flow.

As for the electrical problem, I'm sure others know much more than I but: If the units, old and new look identical, have the same model number? I wonder if there are internal links for setting different wiring plans? Could you post the model of controller??

Very best of luck with it all.

Reply to
Bill

The brass shafts from old potentiometers make great replacements for 13A fuses, never had one blow yet!

P.S. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Bill

You must be old - I was buying them with plastic shafts in the 70's. The only time I got to see metal ones was in scrap equipment donated to me!

......wonder what current they take to blow.

Reply to
Matt

That's the best theory yet! I couldn't see the connection between pressure washing and flooding the airing cupboard - but that would explain it.

What a plonker! [OP's husband, not you!]

Reply to
Set Square

From my experience of pressure washers, they have a good flow, and rapid cutoff when flow stops causing water hammer. If ther were any push fit fittings or loose compression fittings the repeated hammerring may have pushed them apart,

Reply to
<me9

Most I've seen (quite a few) have been either steel or aluminium if they weren't plastic.

Reply to
<me9

You may jest - but I've seen it done - without any ill effects , as it happens.

The workshop in the place where I worked in the 60's was 'modernised' by replacing all the 15A outlets with 13A outlets, and the plugs were changed on all the kit. A MIG welder which had worked perfectly well with an unfused

15A plug started blowing 13A fuses in its new plug. You can guess the rest!

As far as I can recall, the wiring wasn't changed - they were radial circuits, fused at the MCB, so using a solid 'fuse' in the plug wasn't really a big issue - but isn't to be recommended for general use!

Reply to
Set Square

PLEASE SEE NEW THREAD...BLOWING FUSES 2 MORE INFO

Reply to
joruss

PLEASE SEE NEW THREAD...BLOWING FUSES 2 NEW INFO

Reply to
joruss

DAVE PLEASE SEE NEW THREAD...BLOWING FUSES 2 IT HAS MORE INFO

Reply to
joruss

In message , Set Square writes

So have I. It was not a jest!