Bloody tradesmen :-)

Yep, they can go in our recyling bins, or the ones for newspaper and magazines

Reply to
chris French

It is

CORGI are history

To work with gas FOR FINANCIAL REWARD, one must have the correct GasSafe registration now

Prolly an old boy with all the experience but not the proper paperwork

Reply to
geoff

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" writes

Reply to
geoff

Many Indonesian shops still have the same system

Reply to
geoff

A bit like Google and their top two entries (in "champagne")

Reply to
geoff

As do Italian Bars

tim

Reply to
tim....

Not just bars....

Motorway service areas, among other places. Queue for your ticket, queue to pay, then queue for your food.

Reply to
John Williamson

#It all makes work for the working man to do...

Reply to
Skipweasel

In message , tim.... writes

Yeah, but that's quite normal for bars everywhere

Reply to
geoff

In message , Skipweasel writes

Showing your age there ...

And about on topic as a song could be

Reply to
geoff
[snip]
[snip]

The amusing thing (or not) in Italian bars is that if you attempt to order from the bar the barista will sigh, tap a notice indicating that you need to queue and buy a ticket first and refuse to serve. When you go to the cash desk, the barista will shuffle over, take the money and issue the scontrino. Then you go back to the bar. The barista will now take some inordinate amount of time before condescending (and it really will be condescending) to shuffle over and supply what you ordered.

In general it's best to go sit at a table and wait to be served. It takes just as long but at least you're sitting down.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nah - our eight year old knows most of their stuff well enough to sing along.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Nah, you have to get them organised

When I lived in Italy, I would just sit down and two minutes later, my beer would arrive, I never had to say a word

Reply to
geoff

You are Mussolini and I claim my five Lire.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Have you got change? The smallest I have is this five hundred Lire piece.

Reply to
John Williamson

Nah. The OP said the gasman came on Thursday :)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Mmm, might be a fake - come over to this lamp post so I can get a better look...

Reply to
Skipweasel

This one on the corner?

Reply to
John Williamson

Now, let's wipe a cloth over the window and see what we can see.

Reply to
Skipweasel

In message , Skipweasel writes

Does it matter, even a fake L500 would be worth more

Reply to
geoff