Bloody interfering nosey busybodies

Some of us have a life outside NG's and don't have the time to wade through every thread posted in every interest group. Nice one though, all the same !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

I just can't keep up. Christian's reply did make me laugh though ;-) You'd have to read the other thread to appreciate it fully.

Cheers,

Martin Pentreath

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Which is of course exactly what they said about Crittall windows when they first came out.

AWFUL things. Cold and draughty.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's not that well hidden to justify a dot in front of the name...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Don't have any details do you? Just what I'm looking for.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Correct. that is not right.

Reply to
Phil L

You were too subtle for me, I am afraid!

Reply to
EricP

No.

Building regs: yes Planning: no (other than certain areas)

David

Reply to
Lobster

What, you mean back in the 1850s?

Rubbish. Slender framed, elegant windows are a feature of many modern as well as traditional building design. And with the modern double-glaxed replacement glass inserts performance need be no worse than with the horrid plastic windows.

MM

Reply to
MM

MM

And usually rusty

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Crittall's windows are GALVANISED!

MM

Reply to
MM

I worked on a 30s house where the whole lot were rusted through at the bottom

Reply to
Stuart Noble

...until someone sands them down to repaint. They they're wrecked, as rust will always leach though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I lived with them for 15 years and they rusted at the base..inside!

All that condensation.

My mother, whose house they were in, eventually replaced them with UPVC DG, and suddenly the house got almost warm.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher