Blocking up an extractor fan

Hi, I've got an old extractor fan in the bathroom that I want to block up. It currently exists out the back wall of the house. I intend to remove the fan housing and I presume that there will then just be a pipe of some sorts going straight to the outside. What the best way to block this up so I can plaster over the hole. Obviously I need to make it weather proof etc so that damp cant get in.

CM.

Reply to
Charles Middleton

Mortar and bricks (or bits thereof) in the hole I would have thought. What's the outside of the house - bricks? Render? Obviously you need to replicate that outside ideally

David

Reply to
Lobster