Blocked up alcove ventilation

Hello,

The two main bedrooms in my house are separated by a sort of 'S' shaped wall, a bit like:

| |

Reply to
Graham Jones

Blocked up alcove: Good grief, where will you put all your books?! Can't have enough alcoves in my opinion! If anything, make the room bigger, not smaller. You can bet your life the next owner will rip the studding out again!

Still: takes all sorts.

;-) S

Reply to
Spamlet

Yes one bedroom will be smaller but the other bedroom bigger, so all i'm doing is moving space from one room to another. Which works better for me.

Reply to
Graham Jones

If in doubt I'd have thought it was worth ventilating, yes: certainly wouldn't be worrying about that allowing mositure *in*.

Given that the rear wall of the wardrobe is going anyway in due course, it would do no harm just to knock a very rough quite large hole through... what is that wall made of: stud partition or solid brick/block? Since it's at the back of wardrobe which is (presumably) usually closed, ie with little air movement, the hole(s) would need to be reasonably sized to be of any useful effect.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks David I will do that.