blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click here:

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

john.islington

|I rent. | |I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs |yesterday and it's not a pretty site | |ugh | |So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked? | |For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click here: | |(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!) | |

sell plumbers plungers, as do Wickes all plumbers merchants etc.

Keep it stashed away, you will need it again

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Reply to
Graham

Get your hand down there and round the u bend

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You might want to pick up some goggles too, whilst you're there...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Just a bog-standard plunger? (no pun intended)

Does it have to be a certain size/type?

Reply to
john.islington

An estate agents would be the best bet. Get the f*ck out of there.

Reply to
R D S

update - after a couple of hours, the water level has (slowly) dropped down, but the block is still there

I have bought a bottle of Mr Muscle 'sink & plughole unblocker'

It is super-corrosive, and says 'do not use in toilets'.

Should I do that anyway, or is that a really bad idea?

I mean.. if it's corrosive... it'll 'burn' through cotton wool/andrex wet wipes (whatever is blocking it easily.... right?

Reply to
john.islington

Why do people assume the blockage is just around the bend - it could be yards away.

Reply to
John

Usually the tightest constriction.

Reply to
<me9

That explains constipation...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I know they're horrible and disgusting but I think you'll just have to get your hand round the bend and remove the wet wipes. Why did you put them down the toilet anyway?

As for the poo, it's only what came out of your botty.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

on the end steal that and use it as an unblocker.

if you do it quietly, wash after use and return to the curtain, no one wll ever know.

These wires are a most useful tool in the home for unblocking or threading.

Reply to
EricP

When I've unblocked drains, I've used two layers of heavy duty rubbish bag (two bags, one inside the other) fixed to my upper arm with elastic bands...

I think 'fell' might be a more accurate term...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Apart from Mrs Jones at No. 43 who will certainly notice any subtle movements of the net curtains.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Perhaps, but it`ll teach the OP the folly of using indestructable ass- wipes ! :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

'cause in most cases that is where the blockage is...

I find that a 3/4 of a bucket of water poured moderately quickly (

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can buy a toilet unblocking device from most DIY sheds. A bit like a spring about 10mm in diameter. Look at Drain Augers here

less than a £10.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

He did say you should wash the motions off.

Reply to
Guy King

Note, do not use the tiny domestic mop heads. When the water level is low, use the mop as a plunger a few times. Flush and try again if the toilet does not empty. Repeat ad infinitum. I have used this method at the local primary school with 100 percent success.

Good luck

Dave

Reply to
Dave