Blocked Microbore

I have a blockage on a flow pipe to one small radiator.

I would like to try connecting something - by way of the radiator drain incorporated in the valve to allow me to suck - blow in succession to try to loosen the blockage.

Using the mains pressure in the system won't move it - but I would like to try depressurising the system and using the sort of technique we use with a sink plunger - but I cant think what to use.

Any ideas?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I used a length of good fit piano wire to clear a microbore pipe a number of years ago. It was in a kitchen, so a few old towels on the floor moped up any spill. Disconnected pipe from rad. No flow. Worked wire into pipe as far as manifold. worked it out again complete with a flow of gunge. Soon ran clear(er) and reconnected pipe. Still works ten years on!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chisholm

When I had microbore I obtained a five metre reel of that coiled wire you hang net curtains on across windows.

You can open the end going into the pipe up slightly to form a hook to scour and put the oher end in a speed adjusted electric drill to rotate as you stuff it up the pipe. Never failed to unblock.

Reply to
EricP

EricP wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But what happens if it gets stuck????

Reply to
DerbyBorn

The you rotate in the reverse direction, to unhook any obstruction.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I think what would worry me is where the gunge is coming from and is there more floating about ready to block the system elsewhere. What you need is some kind of device that opens up on the pull part of probing the pipe, so it can drag more of the crap with it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Brian Gaff" wrote in news:mgt3vk$a1t$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I can't help but think it is a sort of deposit that once broken will dissapate and be dealt with by flushing the system.

Reply to
DerbyBorn