Block paving drainage

I have had two quotes for replacing my tired tarmac drive with rumbled block paving and extending it a bit to incorporate a paved area up to the front door.

The quotes are within 40 of each other.

One is proposing digging a soakaway for the boundary linear drain - with a linear drain along the side of the drive next to my house connecting into the surface water drain.

The other is proposing leading the linear boundary drain into an existing surface water inpection chamber - the drain alongside the house being treated the same as the first.

Also - one is proposing taking the blocks right up to the house. the other is proposing a narrow strip of gravel beween house and edging blocks.

Any observations?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

DerbyBorn put finger to keyboard:

One survey I had done flagged up that the DPC was less than two bricks above ground level, the solution was to add a strip of gravel which stops heavy rain splashing up high enough to be above the DPC. Could be the same thing here?

Reply to
Scion

Scion wrote in news:l0cf4h$5a4$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I have 2 and a half bricks above existing line. Proposed should should be the same.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I think he intended to concrete the edgings - but to leave a gag of gravel.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Or save a bit of work cutting blocks?

Reply to