Block floor Filler ?

I have a wood block floor- not laminate, and over the years small gaps have opened up between the blocks. The floor is stained Medium Oak, and the gaps are dark coloured. Going to belt sand and re-varnish. what type of filler should I use- normal filler, mastic type(flexible) and recommended brands ??/

Reply to
sndevereux

I use mahogany colored plastic wood (Ronseal?)actually, for filling holes in oak. It contrasts nicely with the oak, and looks (when stained) like knots. And sands exceptionally well.

Do not use a soft mastic if you are sanding..it will just clog.

You may get hairline shrinkage cracks with plastic wood..so you might want to use something really expensive like a pigment loaded epoxy that will glue the blocks together..Milliput springs to mind, but be careful: In winter with ultra low indoor humidity the blocks WILL shrink, and if the gaps don't open up, they may split instead..making the most astonishing bangs in the process.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher