Blobby paintwork

I painted the front door with Wilko quick drying water-based paint, which is said to be touch dry in two hours (which it was) and re-coatable in six hours.
Anyway - it rained last night - at least ten hours after the application of the paint - and this morning the door is all blobby - covered with raised pimples.
Advice please!
--
Chris

Personally I don't care for water based finishes with the exception of traditionals such as emulsion.
The solution is to rub down and try again.
What you are describing suggests a re-action to something on the surface when you painted it. I would imagine rain would leave a cratered type surface if the finish was still soft.
Paul Mc Cann

Thanks. Weather difficult to forecast. Will try. Are any of the water-based paints better than others?
--
Chris

Have a tarpaulin available for insurance.

No idea. I'm currently using Glidden Acrylic Gloss. No idea how it will hold out over the years, though.
Christian.
Chris wrote in message ...

finish on the door? Some of these exterior varnishes stay very slightly tacky to shed water (and presumably water based paints)