Blinds

I've just bought a house with a conservatory fitted with pleated roof blinds. These blinds are too high to reach, so to draw them you have to use a special pole with a plastic fitting in the end. You reach the pole up and slide this plastic fitting onto a little clip fixed to the end of a blind, so it grips it, and you can then use the pole to pull the blind back or forwards.

Unfortunately the plastic fitting is broken. Any idea where I can find a replacement? There are no records of who manufactured the blinds.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

This is a DIY group - so you know what you have to do......

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Mould my own plastic fitting out of Araldite?

Reply to
Big Les Wade

In article , Big Les Wade writes

Think outside the box, find some way of fixing a key type ring to the end of the blind and use a standard window pole to move the blind. Thin aluminium strip bent, formed and screwed into place with small machine screws and nuts works wonders in these situations and it's not beyond credibility to create some drawstring closers with some curtain cord, pulleys and weighted cord ends. Get fabricatin!

Reply to
fred

If you have the broken parts of the plastic fitting, it wouldn't be hard to make an exact replacement out of oak, even if you have to resort to carving to get any needed curves. Attach the new fitting to the pole somehow.

If you don't have the broken parts of the plastic fitting to use as a template, take pictures of the clip where the fitting has to fit and figure out the size and shape the new piece needs to be.

McGyver

Reply to
McGyver