Blimey, these Rawlplug concrete screws...

Same here, also I feel that using them on "heritage" brickwork is slightly kinder to the building and it's possible to remove and re-mount things a few times before the screw widens the hole so far that it can't be used. At that point one can either use the next sized screw up or used a plugged anchor. Less damage done than Rawlbolts which IMO are brutal and can split brick/block if the user is "over enthusiastic".

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thanks to Steve and Grimly Curmudgeon for the replies. I must look out for the sort of sockets you both mention. I must have misesd them (or simply didn't see the need then) when they were in my local Aldi.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Nah. You've just reverted to good old plastic Rawlplugs!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I have a Halford Pro socket set and the female end of the 1/4" square drive extension just fits into a 13mm chuck, which I have found very useful at times.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I just ordered one of these, as mentioned by Steve Firth:

one and only item of DeWalt kit!

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules
[...]

I have a use for these coming up. What tool do you use to put in the Torx- headed versions? I was expecting to have to use a bit of leverage and was thinking about buying a Torx 'head' for my socket wrench, but from what you say I'm wondering if that won't be necessary...

Thanks Jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Night Tripper saying something like:

I have a set of Draper Torx bits, so just mounted one of those in a cordless drill.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon