Bleeding Radiators in sealed system

I recently had a new sealed heating system fitted by plumber, all rads and boiler downstairs and all worked fine. I have now added a radiator upstairs along with some fernox protector but the new rad needs constantly bleeding, every other day and after bleeding needs refilling. The air doesnt seem to burn but does smell a bit sulphery. The water in the rads seems clear. Before I added the fernox the gas didn't smell but I didn't test it to see if it burn't. What could this be. Could the problem always have been then but have been automatically been bled at the boiler or have I caused it with flux in the pipes I added for the new radiator? . Any ideas ?

Thanks

Steve Jones

Reply to
Stephen Jones

Rumour has it that Fernox is just diluted suplhuric acid and could account for the smell.

How are you refilling the rad after bleeding ?

Reply to
devious

I am using the filling loop at the boiler

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Jones

Assuming no leaks, it sounds like the system has an airlock which is slowly working its way through. You could try turning off all but one of the rads, whilst the pump is on and speeding up the process. Repeat this around the house, so each one gets a dose of full pressure with a bleed & top up as appropiate. Bit of a long winded job but it worked for me when I had a similar problem. Hope it helps.

Reply to
devious