Bleeding a Trianco Eurostar boiler

I have got to move my oil tank, and as such will be needing to disconnect and reconnect my oil line. Due to the fact that this will then result in air getting into the line, I will have to bleed the system to the boiler.

I have not attempted this before on a boiler, (I am used to doing this in diesel cars!) and I wondered if any one knows how and where the oil bleed screw is on a Trianco Eurostar boiler?

Any help greatly appreciated. Phil Allen

Reply to
Phil Allen

There are a couple of possible models of burner fitted to the eurostar so to answer your query properly I need to know which burner is on yours (Riello, RDB, Inter-oil etc). However a simple way regardless of which burner you have and assuming your pipework changes are outside the building hence not altering anything inside would be to complete your work, open the tank valve this having a section of pipe with air in it but a section near the boiler and a pump with oil in it. Using a shallow dish under the joint where the copper pipe ends and the flexible pipe starts, loosen this joint and oil will come out followed by air then oil again. When tho second flow of oil is clear of air nip up the joint and hopefully your oil pump is now joined to the tank by a continuous column of oil. Switch on the boiler and it should fire up and run. An odd bubble of air in the oil might make it lockout and need resetting but this will be a transient thing and a sustained run will clear the pipework of any small bits of air.

Reply to
John