Bleedin' typical

I've been converting the gravity HW system over to pumped. Not been a difficult job, but awkward at times. And of course it sprouted extra tasks like a new feed and expansion tank (Polyred packaged tank - handy bit of kit) and a new incoming mains stopcock.

Finaly get it refilled and ready get it going again and the bloody boiler (which was fine 2 weeks ago) decides not to fire up (sparking, but not lighting) :-(

Oh well it's a nice simple Ideal Mexico, so hopefully all it wants is a bit of a clean or something )

Reply to
chris French

Thermocouple?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You didn't turn the gas off by any chance? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I thought the Ideal Mexico was of the vintage variety using a permanent pilot and thermocouple.

No pilot implies you've turned the gas off somewhere, or possibly a blocked jet, or the spark isn't close enough to ignite a flame.

Can you use a match on a long wire, and check if there is anything being emitted from the pilot assembly by trying to "blow" the match flame?

Reply to
Fredxx

or worse, plumb it into a water pipe ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

:-)

Reply to
chris French

This is a new fangled model from circa 2002, it has a pilot ignited by a spark.

I'm going to have a look at it over the weekend.

Reply to
chris French

Maybe some tequila?

Reply to
Davey

En el artículo , John Rumm escribió:

my so-called heating engineer managed that during a boiler change. Had to take the gas meter out and empty it of water...

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Will he have fracked it then?

Reply to
dennis

Well to be fair, even the ancient models had that - kind of. The permanent pilot light was lit by a piezo spark igniter, when you pushed the button! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

On mine, there's a cutout that can be reset by pressing a button which doesn't look like a button on a small brown disk.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

No chance of that , since it turns out there is no gas c*ck on the boiler supply pipe anyway

Reply to
chris French

In message , Richard Tobin writes

Well, it looks like it was a dirty/blocked pilot jet.

Works fine now.

Cheers folks

Now, where is the rad bleed key that I had earlier today.....

Reply to
chris French