Bleaching fabric without ending up with streaks?

I bought two pairs of cotton curtains for a room I am renovating. They are a natural/cream colour. As I was ruminating about the final look of the room, it struck me that these curtains would suit me much better if they were several shades lighter - like a very light natural (off-white, if you like). I've tried bleaching things in the kitchen sink in the past, but have invariably ended up with streaks. Is it possible to use a standard front-loading washing machine to bleach things, and thus end up with no streaks? Has anyone here tried this successfully? If so, can you offer any instructions on the program setting to use? How to insert the bleach, how much bleach to use etc?

Thank you...

Frank

Reply to
Frank W

Try

at the Discharge Dyeing section.

Reply to
Serial Bodger

Thank you for the link. The author touches upon the subject and offers a few tips, but is not specific about procedure. So I'm still looking for advice on this from anyone...

Frank

Reply to
Frank W