Blank plate for old cooker switch

I have just moved into a property which has a huge hole in the kitchen where they obviously used to have a cooker switch. Normal double blank plates don't fit as they are too small so where could I get a blank cooker plate switch? TIA

Reply to
stevie1308808305

I don't think blanking plates ever were made for the big cooker switches.

Are there still cables in the hole? And are they connected to anything?

If you are not going to use an electric cooker then the simplest thing to do would be to *disconnect and cut back* the cable at the consumer unit, then plaster in the hole and make good the decorations.

Otherwise buy a new cooker switch to cover the hole.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If its a hole for the larger older type cooker switch then I think you're going to be out of luck. As they were dedicated cooker switches afaik they never were blanking plates for them. You could try electrical wholesalers they might have something

Reply to
OldBill

If you don't intend to use the circuit in the future you could recover the cable (or at least snip off both ends) and fill the hole.

An alternative would be to make a cover plate from say, plywood, acrylic, paxolin, Tufnol or Formica (or somesuch material).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

or you could just plaster over the hole

Reply to