blade thickness, 13A plug earth pin ?

I'm crap with a micrometer - can anyone with one available (or detailed specs) tell me what the blade width should be of the earth pin of a standard 13A plug please ?

This has come about because of a cheap AC charger with a plastic earth pin which I suspect is out of spec - its a bloody tight fit in two different manufacturers' sockets...

A normal brass pin (if i'm not mistaken) is about 4.1mm wide, but this seems to be 4.3-4.4mm wide

TIA :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Look for "Type G" about 60% down this page.

vortex2

Just measured the MK plug on my reading lamp. 4.0 x 8.0mm

Reply to
dcbwhaley

I think you should make a fuss assuming this is imported rubbish but still marked BS/CE.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Schneider

IIRC, 5/16" x 5/32"

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You know what, that's something I hadn't actually checked, but it is from a reputable UK vendor...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

touche :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Thanks for giving me the chance to use my recently bought half-price Woolworths electronic calipers (they look alright to me).

Plastic pin: 0.165 inch. 4.30 mm. Correct fitting.

Metal pin: 0.155 inch. 4.00 mm. Correct fitting.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

A quote from a recent post in the RNIB talking book list:

The oversize adaptors are being taken out of service for H&S reasons.

Reply to
<me9

Thanks for that - I hadn't been able to find any "official" specs or tolerances for some reason !

Reply to
Colin Wilson